Making a complaint
We treat everyone with honesty and respect – whether you're a student or a member of the public with an issue.
Whatever your complaint, we respond with seriousness and confidentiality. We're always fair to all parties involved, and complainants will never be disadvantaged by raising a genuine concern. We handle the whole process in a way that allows us to learn and improve the work we do.Register your complaint – email email@example.com or phone +44 (0) 2392 843103.
Our complaints procedures
Find out how we deal with complaints from:
Some helpful links
Before you lodge a complaint, you can find helpful links below which may help you deal with your issue:
- Student’s Union Advice Service – where students can get advice on anything affecting their time at the University
- Bullying and Harassment Advisors – an internal service available to students experiencing bullying or harassment
- Student and Neighbourhood Liaison – if you have concerns about student neighbours or you're a student who needs help in your neighbourhood, contact our Student Housing department on +44 (0) 2392 843214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Support and Disability Advice Centre (ASDAC) – for help with any issues relating to special requirements, call +44 (0) 2392 843462 or email email@example.com
- Collaborative Programmes Registrar – for help pursuing a complaint involving a Collaborative partner, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 2392 845119
- Student Support Service – for help with issues in Halls of Residence, email email@example.com or call +44 (0) 2392 844444
Please note, records of all complaints made to the University are kept in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 and for the time period specified in our record retention schedule – in this case, 6 years after the last action relating to the complaint.
Anonymous details of the number of complaints received and the subject and outcomes of the complaints are included in an annual report made to the University’s senior management for quality purposes and equality monitoring. The relevant monitoring data will be collected from the student database.
Our complaints procedures are designed to be accessible to everyone who may need to use them. If you have any special needs that mean you are unable to use the complaints procedure in the way set out, please contact the Complaints team using the contact details above.
To have the best possible chance to resolve any issues, you should raise your concerns with us within 20 working days of the event you're complaining about.