How happy are our students? Our results from the 2018 National Student Survey (NSS) show how satisfied they are.
The NSS is an independent survey that measures student satisfaction. It asks final year students in all UK universities to give feedback on factors such as the quality of their teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, learning resources and personal development.
Our NSS 2018 results
- 88% – our student satisfaction score - above the national average since 2006
- Top 20 – we're in the Top 20 of UK universities for student satisfaction
- 15 of our courses achieved 100% satisfaction. They are:
- American Studies
- Early Childhood Studies With Psychology
- Human Geography
- International Trade And Business Communication
- Musical Theatre
- Mechanical And Manufacturing Engineering
- Computer Aided Product Design
- Computer Animation
- Criminology And Forensic Studies
- Forensic Computing
- Mathematics With Statistics
- Law With Criminology
- We're also one of only four universities in the south east with the highest 'Gold' rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF).
Book your place at one of our Open Days for undergraduates, and get a feel for student life in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth is a great place to live, whatever you decide to study. Hear from recent grads about why Portsmouth is one of the best student cities in the UK.