Graduation 2019 ceremonies have now finished.
Congratulations, class of 2019
Our 2019 Graduation ceremonies are taking place in the main auditorium of the Portsmouth Guildhall from 11-19 July. You can find the full list of ceremonies by day and watch a livestream of the ceremonies in the table below.
Please note, online booking is now closed – if you haven't booked your attendance at your ceremony, call us right away on 023 9284 3434.
Dates and times for our 2019 graduation ceremonies
Graduation Ceremonies 2019
Thursday 11 July
- School of Biological Science – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences – Undergraduates
- School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences – Postgraduates
- Dental Academy
- School of Earth and Environmental Sciences – Undergraduates
- Department of Psychology – Postgraduates
Friday 12 July
- Department of Psychology – Undergraduates
- Department of Geography – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- School of Earth and Environmental Sciences – Postgraduates
- Department of Sport and Exercise Science – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- School of Health and Social Work – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
Monday 15 July
- School of Computing – Undergraduates
- School of Mathematics and Physics – Undergraduates
- Institute of Cosmology and Gravitation
- School of Computing – Postgraduates
- School of Mathematics and Physics – Postgraduates
- School of Mechanical and Design Engineering – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- School of Energy and Electronic Engineering – Postgraduates
- School of Energy and Electronic Engineering – Undergraduates
- School of Civil Engineering and Surveying – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
Tuesday 16 July
- Learning at Work – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- School of Creative Technologies – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Portsmouth School of Architecture - Postgraduates
- Portsmouth School of Architecture – Undergraduates and MArch
- School of Art, Design and Performance – Undergraduates
- School of Film, Media and Communications – Undergraduates
Wednesday 17 July
- School of Art, Design and Performance – Postgraduates
- School of Film, Media and Communications – Postgraduates
- Accounting and Financial Management – Undergraduates
- Portsmouth Law School – Postgraduates
- Business Management and Generalist Business – Postgraduates
- Accounting and Financial Management – Postgraduates
- Economics and Finance – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Strategy Enterprise and Innovation – Undergraduates
- Business Management and Generalist Business – Undergraduates
Thursday 18 July
- Marketing and Sales – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Portsmouth Law School – Undergraduates
- Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management – Undergraduates
- Organisation Studies and Human Resource Management – Postgraduates
- Strategy Enterprise and Innovation – Postgraduates
- School of Education and Sociology – Undergraduates
- School of Education and Sociology – Postgraduates
- Operations and Systems Management – Postgraduates and Undergraduates
Friday 19 July
- School of Area Studies, History, Politics and Literature – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- School of Languages and Applied Linguistics – Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- Institute of Criminal Justice Studies – Postgraduates
- Institute of Criminal Justice Studies – Undergraduates
Frequently asked questions about graduation day
Got a question to ask about tickets, your ceremony, photography or what to wear? Find the answers to the most frequently asked questions about graduation here.
Can I get more tickets?
Booking is now closed, but you can request extra ticket when you collect your booked tickets on the day of your ceremony. Availability of these additional tickets isn't guaranteed, and they'll be issued on a first come, first serve basis. Standard tickets will be £15 each, and child tickets (age 2-12) are free.
Where do I collect my tickets and gown?
You can collect your tickets (and all-important graduation wristband) from Spinnaker Sports Hall, around two hours before the scheduled start time of your ceremony – we’ll let you know when yours are ready to pick up.
Spinnaker Sports Hall is also where you'll pick up your gown, and have it fitted by our staff on the day.
Do I need to book to have my official photograph taken?
Photography is available to book now, through Success Photography, and the official photography studio is in St Paul's Sports Hall. You can just turn up on the day to have your photo taken by our official photographer – or if you want to beat the queues, you can book a specific time slot in advance for a small extra cost. There are packages available to suit all budgets.
What happens if I arrive late?
Gowning and ticket collection closes 30 minutes before the start of each ceremony, so if you think you’ll arrive after this time, you should call the Information Desk on 023 9284 3434. If you arrive late you may not be able to attend your ceremony, especially if the ceremony has already started – but if this does happen, we’ll try to offer acceptable alternatives.
What should I wear under my gown?
Graduation ceremonies are formal occasions so we expect you to dress appropriately. Jeans, t-shirts and trainers are not acceptable. If you’re inappropriately dressed when you collect your gown, you’ll be asked to find more appropriate clothing.
Can I book my academic dress (gown and hood) on the day?
We strongly recommend booking your academic dress in advance of your Graduation ceremony so that our gowners can have it ready for you when you arrive. But if you're unable to order your academic dress in advance, please contact J Wippell and Co Ltd by email to make alternative arrangements.
What happens if I've order the wrong gown or hood?
Don't worry – our gowners, Wippells, always bring a big selection of gowns and hoods for the awards, so we'll make sure you're wearing the right stuff for your ceremony.
Can I defer my attendance until next year's ceremonies?
In most cases, no – students can only attend the ceremony for their department or faculty in the year they graduate. However, in some exceptional circumstances, we’ll consider a deferral for the following academic year’s ceremony only. To request a deferral, email us with your student ID, full name and your reason for requesting a deferral. All decisions for a deferral are made by the Academic Registrar.
Can I get a refund on my tickets?
All refund requests after 14 June are considered on a case-by-case basis. To request a refund, email us with your student ID, full name and your reason for requesting a refund.
My question isn't listed here – who can I contact?