Sports Science and Management (Top-up) BSc (Hons)
BSc Hons Sports Science and Management Top-up
Sorry, this course has closed to new applicants. We're not updating the course information on this page – it's for reference only.
Whether it's for health, fitness, competition or enjoyment, sport is increasingly popular. To flourish in the global sports industry you'll need to study the subject to the highest level.
On this BSc (Hons) Sports Science and Management top-up degree course, you'll build on your previous HND or Foundation degree studies to get a full Bachelor's degree.
When you graduate, your qualification will open doors to the expanding international sports sector. Your career options will include instructing, marketing, events management and teaching as well as continued academic or scientific study.
In the Guardian University Guide 2018 our sports science courses are ranked number 1 in England.
What you'll experience
On this course you'll:
- Get career-focused teaching with workplace-orientated assessments
- Use modern facilities including a biomechanics lab, physiology lab, kinanthropometry lab, immersion pool, and climatic chambers for manipulating temperature, humidity and altitude
- Boost your CV and share your sporting skill in the local community through our coaching and volunteering scheme
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry or help you identify further study opportunities.
Areas and sectors you could work in include:
- sport science support
- sports development and management
- health and fitness sectors
- the NHS
- the military
- the police force
Roles our graduates have taken on include:
- PE teacher
- fitness instructor
- NVQ coordinator
- sports development officer
- sports and exercise scientist
- sports therapist and physiotherapist
- cardiac rehabilitation technician
Other graduates have continued their studies at postgraduate level or set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Sorry, this course has closed to new applicants.