Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks Short course
Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
Please note that this event has been postponed and will NOT take place on the advertised date.
If you've already booked to attend this course, please refer to the email that you should've received from email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Bursledon Brickworks is the only remaining Victorian brickworks in the country. It is a rare survivor from our industrial past that has never been updated during its working life (1896–1974) on a site which also hasn't been redeveloped since it closed.
Historic England consider the old factory to be of national importance and in order to save it for posterity they have, with the help of the National Lottery Heritage Fund, turned into a museum. The museum plans in the future to become The National Museum of Bricks and Brickmaking and already has a large collection of bricks and brickmaking machinery.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates:
- Location: Bursledon Brickworks, Southampton SO31 7HB
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the history of the Bursledon Brickworks
- the history of bricks and brickmaking machinery
- the restoration of the site and its transformation into a fully functioning museum
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.