Business Improvements for Organisations Short course
Business Improvements for Organisations
This short course looks at how organisations can improve their business skills. You'll explore how internationally-developed engineering techniques can be applied to businesses in property, land and construction.
Business Improvement Techniques (BIT) that originated in Japan as part of the renowned Toyota Production System sought to minimise waste within the production process. On this course you'll learn how the same principles can be used to improve other types of business and environment.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates: to
- Location: Potters Heron Hotel, near Romsey SO51 9ZF
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- 5S workplace organisation
- continuous improvement
- problem solving techniques
You'll be taught by Michael Punt, a manufacturing engineer who after 10 years in the industry moved into education, initially working for a small training provider and then as Head of Department at two further education colleges.
He joined the University of Portsmouth in 2016 with the responsibility of launching degree apprenticeships and is now the Director of Learning at Work.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To receive the course multi-discount rate, please ensure you select the multi-discount option when you pay. See the courses available for multi-discount below.
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.