Dental Radiography and Radiation Protection Update Short course
Dental Radiography and Radiation Protection Update
This course has already been delivered.
To register you interest for future courses, please email email@example.com
If it relates to their field of practice, the GDC recommend that dental professionals do at least 5 hours of radiography and radiation protection in every CPD cycle.
Attending this course will contribute towards Ionising Radiation (Medical Exposure) Regulations (IR(ME)R) operators’ and practitioners’ life-long learning, and the hours requirement of verifiable CPD.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: , ( - )
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates:
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- the principles of medical radiation physics
- the health and biological effects of ionising radiation
- radiation protection and the factors affecting radiation doses in dental radiography
- the requirements of IR(ME)R
- what is required for a comprehensive quality assurance programme for X-ray equipment
- Development Outcomes: B, C, D
You'll be taught by Shelley Blane, Senior Lecturer, School of Health Sciences and Social Work at the University of Portsmouth.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.