Dilapidations: Law and Practice Short course
Dilapidations: Law and Practice
With financial pressure on tenants and landlords greater than ever, disputes over dilapidations are high on the agenda.
On this Dilapidations short course, you'll get a refresher on the law around dilapidations, and current best practice too. Professional advice, whichever side of the table is involved, needs to be informed by a clear understanding of the law and knowledge of what is current best practice.
You'll also unpack examples and case studies, explore the implications of recent cases, and get practical advice on the tactics and management of claims in an interactive session, with plenty of opportunities to ask questions.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates: 6 November 2019, 1.50pm to 5.10pm
- Location: Potters Heron Hotel, near Romsey SO51 9ZF
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- The importance of repairing obligation within commercial leases
- Relationship between repair and other leasehold obligations
- Landlord's options when the tenant is in breach
- Dilapidations claim management and tactics to be considered by the parties
- Potential future uses of the building and the overruling effect of the landlord's intention
- The Dilapidation Pre-Action Protocol
- Updates on recent case law and current dilapidations practice interactive session, with your own questions
You'll be taught by Terry Davis, the principal of TN Davis Chartered Surveyors. He is a member of the RICS Dilapidations Forum Steering Group, the Dilapidations Guidance Note Working Group, a keen contributor to the Forum and a regular CPD speaker.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To book onto and pay for this course, please visit our online store.
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.