Heat Stress and Heat Illness in Firefighters Short course
Heat Stress and Heat Illness in Firefighters
This 1-day seminar is aimed primarily at Fire & Rescue Services (FRS), but is also appropriate for anybody who experiences heat stress during work – particularly those who need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 1 day
- Dates: 13 February 2019
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- human thermoregulation (how we control our body temperatures)
- the impact that PPE has on our ability to lose heat
- heat illness
- how heat stress & heat strain can be measured (assessed)
- methods of mitigating against heat illness
- active cooling techniques and equipment
You'll be taught by experts in heat stress and heat illness and use facilities geared to allow this programme to be delivered effectively.
This course is aimed primarily at Fire & Rescue Services (FRS), but appropriate for all those who experience heat stress during work, and particularly those who need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
How to book
This course will be available at our online store.
To register your interest contact email@example.com