Implants in General Practice Short course
Implants in General Practice
This course is a step by step guide to including implants in your scope of practice, how to start, how to maintain and what to monitor. The course aims to inform about different ways in which implants can benefit our patients – in the context of GDC and FGDP guidelines on competence, confidence, training and mentoring. It also highlights current recommendation on monitoring and maintaining implants.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 6 hours, (9.00am - 4.45pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: Friday 20 March 2020
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll learn:
- how to integrate dental implants in practice
- implant treatment options with associated benefits and risks of each
- introduction to treatment planning and consent
- maintenance and monitoring
- GDC Development Outcomes – A, C
You'll be taught by Dr Peter Sanders, Dentist and Clinical Lead at Dental Confidence Ltd in Southampton. Dr Sanders has been a practising dentist since 1981 and has been involved in Implant Dentistry for more than 25 years. He was awarded Fellowship of the Faculty of General Dental Practice in 2011 and is a Fellow of the International College of Dentists. Dr Sanders has been Programme Director, Cohort Course Director and Examiner on the Implantology course at the Royal College of Surgeons. He is Chief Examiner for the implantology MSc at King Juan Carlos University of Madrid and President of the Implant Diploma Alumni.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
Book onto this short course via the Online store below.
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.