National Certificate in Health and Well-Being at Work Short course
National Certificate in Health and WellBeing at Work
Healthy workers can be almost three times more productive than their unhealthy colleagues. People who are unwell either don’t perform at their best, or may not turn up for work at all. Learning more about how to mitigate this problem in a workplace setting is essential to maintaining an effective workplace.
If you're a manager, supervisor or HR employee, this qualification will give you the knowledge and skills to promote good health and wellbeing at work. The qualification is also a great stepping stone to further progress in your career.
This qualification explores practical health and wellbeing solutions in the workplace and involves a practical assessment on identifying health needs in the workplace and implementing positive change.
If you run a business or organisation, employing people with this qualification demonstrates a commitment to the health and wellbeing of your wider workforce, and assures your staff and customers that you're helping to achieve recognised standards. It could even win new business.
This course is accredited by the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
- Mode of study: Direct, on campus learning through lectures and group work
- Duration: 6 weeks (1 day per week TBC, 9:00am-5:00pm)
- Start and end dates: TBC
- Various costs - please contact email@example.com for details
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- identifying risks to health at work
- producing effective health and wellbeing strategies
- learning how to manage sickness absence and implement a return-to-work programme
- programme and management of work-related stress
- management of people with musculoskeletal disorders
- dealing with mental health at work
While specifics will vary depending on the personnel and institutions involved, you should plan for a minimum of 35 hours of teaching, and around 18 hours of private study and background reading.
You'll be taught by our team of experienced tutors, who will guide you through the two units on this course:
- Unit 1 Managing Health and Well-being in the Workplace (written examination)
- Unit 2 Practical assessment (this is based on your own workplace and involves identification of workplace health and wellbeing issues)
You'll get a certificate of achievement when you complete each unit. You'll get a qualification parchment on successful completion of the written unit and the practical assessment.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.