Creative Professional Development PgCert
PgCert Creative Professional Development (Distance Learning)
Sorry, this course has closed to new applicants. We're not updating the course information on this page – it's for reference only.
This online PgCert Creative Professional Development course will sharpen your management, enterprise and leadership skills, giving you the tools you need to progress in your career. If you want to improve your ability to effectively lead, and boost your understanding regarding business, this course is your perfect next step.
You'll develop the skills needed to create, launch and manage new ideas, products, services and small businesses. You'll also discover how to make a difference in other organisations, and learn about important areas of creative professional development, including product development, intellectual property, and project management.
When you graduate, you can expect to find employment in the creative industries, or launching your own enterprise.
This course is studied online via distance learning, so you can fit your studies in around your other commitments.
What you'll experience
On this Creative Professional Development degree course, you'll:
- Develop leadership and management skills
- Benefit from a flexible approach to study
- Learn about key themes including research, professionalism, enterprise, planning and project management
- Get insight into working for an existing employer or setting up your own business
- Find out about creative and industrial practices useful for your own career development
- Attend the Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries' guest lecture and events programme
- Have access to our library's electronic resources 24/7, including thousands of ejournals and newspapers
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your creative skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
Once you graduate you'll have a solid grounding in leadership, a strong portfolio of work and the knowledge, skills and confidence to take your career to the next level.
Our previous graduates have gone on to work in roles including:
- Children’s book author/illustrator
- Animator, storyboard artist and digital illustrator
- Graphic/editorial designer
- Web designer
- Game developer
- Sound engineer
- Lecturer in photography
- Textile designer
- Arts administrator
- Film producer
- Production manager
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Sorry, this course has closed to new applicants.