Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults (Level 2) Short course
Safeguarding Children Young People and Vulnerable Adults
Staff who work with children and/or adults should receive appropriate safeguarding training every 3 years as a minimum. This course is designed to meet statutory safeguarding requirements and, as safeguarding is a GDC recommended topic, will also contribute to the hours requirement of verifiable CPD.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 2 hours, (6.00pm - 9.00pm)
- Location: Dental Academy, William Beatty Building, Hampshire Terrace, Portsmouth, PO1 2QG
- Start and end dates: Wednesday 13 May 2020
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll learn:
- how to identify when a child or young person may be at risk of harm
- how to use safeguarding principles to consider the wellbeing of adults who may be at risk of abuse, neglect or exploitation
- how to recognise the signs and indicators of abuse and neglect
- how to manage disclosures safely and use referral pathways appropriately
- GDC Development Outcomes – A, B
Helen Sewell, Senior Teaching Fellow, School of Health Sciences and Social Work.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.