On this page, you'll find information about where you can meet us in your region, what you need to do to apply for a course with us and contact details for our people in your area.
Entry requirements for students from Azerbaijan
If you're joining us from Azerbaijan, the entry requirements you need to meet will depend on the course you want to study.
We consider all applications we receive. However, to make sure you get the most out of your time studying with us and have the best chance of applying successfully, we recommend the following minimum qualifications:
If you have an Azerbaijani Certificate of Secondary Education (Orta tehsil haqqinda attestat) and/or the Vocational Schools and Lyceums Certificate (Peşə Liseyim and Peşə Məktəbi), you'll usually need to do a foundation year before doing an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree.
We offer an Engineering and Technology Foundation Year in our Faculty of Technology. Once you complete this foundation year, you can transfer to one of a wide range of engineering and technology degrees. Foundation programmes in all other subjects are delivered by our associated college International College Portsmouth (ICP).
If you have an Azerbaijani Certificate of Secondary Education (Orta tehsil haqqinda attestat) and/or the Vocational Schools and Lyceums Certificate (Peşə Liseyim and Peşə Məktəbi),, and have completed one year at a recognised university in Azerbaijan, we'll consider you for admission onto an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree. You must have studied relevant subjects and achieved strong grades. You will need:
- A certificate of Secondary School Education (Orta tehsil haqqinda attestat), with an average 3.5/5.0, plus completion of a recognised foundation programme, or
- At least 1 year of degree-level study at a recognised university, with an average grade of good/excellent (3.5/5.0). If you have completed 1 or 2 years of study at a recognised institution, you may be eligible for year 1 entry. You might be considered for Advanced Entry at year 2 level if you have completed over 3 years of study at a recognised institution with good/excellent average grades, or with
- Vocational and Technical College certificates (Kolleci and Texnikum). High achieving students may also be accepted into year 2 of the relevant Bachelor degree.
If you don't have an Azerbaijani Certificate of Secondary Education (Orta tehsil haqqinda attestat) and/or the Vocational Schools and Lyceums Certificate (Peşə Liseyim and Peşə Məktəbi), you can apply with:
- Please check your specific course page to find the exact number of points needed. Your A level grades should equal or exceed the total points required. You can use the UCAS Tariff Calculator to work out your total points.
- Some courses will require you to have studied specific subjects at A level. For example, to study a science course you will usually need to have achieved passing grades in scientific subjects at A level.
- A level points: A* = 56 A = 48 B = 40 C = 32 D = 24.
- Most courses will require between 24 and 31 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB), depending on the degree you apply for.
You may be able to join an undergraduate course with other qualifications. We do consider qualifications from a range of sources. Contact us to find out more.
For entry to our postgraduate Master's programmes, you'll usually need to have achieved high grades (over 70% average) in the Bakalavr, Specialist Diploma or Magistr from a recognised university. We consider all applications on an individual basis, including those from students with a lower level degree and relevant work experience.
We'll consider you for a PhD if you have a good Master’s degree and submit a research proposal.
English language requirements
When you join us, it’s important that you can speak and understand English to the level that your course requires. The specific English language requirements will be on your chosen course page.We accept IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates, but don’t worry if you're currently short of the standard required – we offer English Language Programmes that will get you to the necessary level.
What to do next
Our Global Officers are experts in helping students from Azerbaijan, like you, to apply to join us. Whatever you want to know, just ask.
Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards
As a student from Azerbaijan, you can apply for the International Alumni Referral Award. You can find more information about this on our funding page.
Representatives and agents
If you want to learn more about studying with us or you want help with your application, contact one of our official representatives in Azerbaijan:
Agents in Azerbaijan by city
Azeri Student LtdNobel pr 15
Azure Business Centre
British Education Bureau (BEB)Caspian Plaza