If you’re from Mauritius and interested in studying in the UK, the University of Portsmouth is a great place to fulfil your ambitions. And if you’re ready to take the next step, we’re ready to help you get here.
On this page, you'll find information about where you can meet us in your region, what you need to do to apply for a course with us and contact details for our people in your area.
Entry requirements for students from Mauritius
If you're joining us from Mauritius, the entry requirements you need to meet will depend on the course you want to study.
We consider all applications we receive. However, to make sure you get the most out of your time studying with us and have the best chance of applying successfully, we recommend the following minimum qualifications:
If you take the Brevet d'Aptitude Professionnelle, you'll usually need to do a foundation year before doing an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree.
We recommend you take a foundation course at our associated college International College Portsmouth (ICP).
If you've completed a foundation course, we'll consider you for admission onto an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree.
You can also apply with:
- Please check your specific course page to find the exact number of points needed. Your A level grades should equal or exceed the total points required. You can use the UCAS Tariff Calculator to work out your total points.
- Some courses will require you to have studied specific subjects at A level. For example, to study a science course you will usually need to have achieved passing grades in scientific subjects at A level.
- A level points: A* = 56 A = 48 B = 40 C = 32 D = 24.
- Most courses will require between 24 and 31 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB), depending on the degree you apply for.
You must have studied relevant subjects and achieved strong grades.
If you have a 3 or 4 year University certificate or diploma you may be considered for advanced entry to one of our Bachelor's degree programmes.
You may be able to join an undergraduate course with other qualifications. We do consider qualifications from a range of sources. Contact us to find out more.
For entry to our postgraduate Master's programmes, you will need one of the following:
- a 3-year Bachelor or Arts/Science degree with honours
- a 4-year Bachelor of Technology awarded by a recognised Mauritian university
- an equivalent professional qualification approved by the University
The typical grade requirements are:
- UK 2.1 equivalent: 65%, or GPA 2.75/4.0
- UK 2.2 equivalent: 55% or GPA 2.50/4.0
Some courses require a higher overall GPA. We are happy to consider applications with a slightly lower GPA on an individual basis.
If you don't meet the postgraduate entry requirements, you can do a pre-Master's programme at International College Portsmouth (ICP) for many of our courses.
We'll consider you for a PhD if you have a good Master's degree and submit a research proposal.
English language requirements
When you join us, it’s important that you can speak and understand English to the level that your course requires. The specific English language requirements will be on your chosen course page.We accept IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates, but don’t worry if you're currently short of the standard required – we offer English Language Programmes that will get you to the necessary level.
What to do next
Our Global Officers are experts in helping students from Mauritius, like you, to apply to join us. Whatever you want to know, just ask.
Scholarships and Bursaries
As a student from Mauritius, you may be eligible for a scholarship. You can find out what is available to you on our funding pages.
Representatives and agents
If you want to learn more about studying with us or you want help with your application, contact one of our official representatives in Mauritius:
Agents in Mauritius
34 Vandermeersch Street
IDP Education Mauritius
4th Floor, Ken Lee Building
20 Edith Cavell Street