Computer games, animation and digital technologies courses
Browse courses by subject
Society's appetite for computer games and animation shows no signs of stopping. As technology advances, so does the depth and complexity of games. And that means a growing demand for highly-skilled and qualified practitioners. We are here to meet that demand.
Why study computer games, animation and digital technologies with us?
- We've got some of the best facilities for visual effects and animation in the country, including a motion capture facility with professional software including NUKEX, Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, Houdini, Katana and Mari.
- For computer games courses, you can use professional software including Unreal Engine and Sony Playstation development kits.
- Our Computer Games Enterprise course won the The Independent Games Association (TIGA) Best Educational Institution Award.
- Our courses are informed by our work with VFX studios, game developers and professional bodies such as TIGA, to keep the courses up-to-date with industry trends.
- You can do a placement year at a big name in the industry such as Intel, Sega, Climax and Industrial Light and Magic. Or set up your own company with our support.
- Follow in the footsteps of our previous graduates who've worked on acclaimed feature films and animations including Avatar, Life of Pi and The Amazing World of Gumball.
This course offers a lot of variety, and it feels like there's far more passion than from other university’s courses. It offers great opportunities to talk to industry too.
Several of our courses are professionally accredited by JAMES (Joint Audio Media Education Support). Accreditation means your degree ticks the boxes for employers looking for graduates with industry-relevant skills and knowledge.
Undergraduate Computer games animation and Digital technologies courses (2019/20 entry)
- Animation BA (Hons)
- Computer Animation and Visual Effects BSc (Hons)
- Computer Games Enterprise BSc (Hons)
- Computer Games Technology BSc (Hons)
- Creative Media Technologies BSc (Hons)
- Creative Technologies and Enterprise (Learning at Work) BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons)
- Digital Media BSc (Hons)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality BSc (Hons)